Here is the tower of the former church, St Albans. It stands firmly in the middle of Wood Street, in the City of London.
This is no longer a church. It’s listed as residential: some lucky person lives in there!
- Rebuilt 1634
- Burnt down in the Fire of London 1666
- Then rebuilt to a design by Christopher Wren 1685
- Restored to designs by George Gilbert Scott 1858-9
- Pinnacles replaced 1879
- Then destroyed in the Blitz 1940
- Listed Grade II* 1950
Here’s a link with more information about this building, including pictures of what it used ot look like.
St Alban, Wood Street: an old library book and a lonely church tower